Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Clive Wright

Clive Wright
  • tennis shoes
  • banana bread
  • CNN News
  • Old Movies
  • orange candy cookies
  • fishing
  • swimming

My grandfather passed away on December 2010.  He was a great grandfather, but you knew not to talk about politics with him; it would go on for hours.  He was always there for me and always said in his sarcastic voice "You never came to visit us enough"!  He said I would always be his little girl no matter what.  I miss my grandfather, and wish I had spent more time with him.  I did tell him at his funeral that I would spend as much time with grandma as I could, and that I loved him so much.   

My greatest memories with my grandfather are of fishing on Lake Miltona, in Alexanderia, MN, and swimming.  We also baked orange candy cookies and banana bread with my grandma. Let me tell you they never lasted long after we were done making them.  At the end of the day we would always watch CNN News and an old movie like "Tora Tora Tora".  I personally hated watching CNN, but I did it because I loved spending time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment