Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love


I thought I would write about Valentine's Day is approaching.

Valentine's Day was named after Saint Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius in 500 AD.  It was deleted from the Roman calendar of Saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI.  It is a day on which lovers express their love for each other by buying gifts or sending cards.  Valentine's Day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages when tradition of courtly love grew.

I can't wait to see what my honey has planned for Valentine's Day.  It doesn't have to be anything extravagant.  To me its all about the thought that goes into it, like a homemade Valentine's Day card or romantic dinner at home.  I did make him a card for Valentine's Day.  It is really cute.  I will have to post a picture of it after V-Day.

I hope you all have an amazing Valentine's Day.  That it is full of love, happiness, and great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment