Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journey of Desire

"One thing I have come to embrace is this: we have to let it go. The more comfortable we are with mystery in our journey, the more rest we'll know along the way. The Christian life is full of paradox...Sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, yet possessing everything." - Journey of Desire
This quote a friend gave to me when I was having a hard time after my car accident about 2 years ago.  I always come back to it when I feel lost.  I know life is hard and we forget about what is important.  It makes me realize God has my life in his hands, and I will follow him where ever he takes me even when I may be unsure.

I know I may not be rich with money, but I'm rich with God's love, good family, and friends.  God has always given me what I needed, when I needed it.  No matter what life throws at me I know God is always there no matter what, along with my family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on life :) In the past couple of months, I've started to learn what it means to surrender your life to God. It's definitely not the easiest path, but its amazing to feel His love and peace more present in my life. Sometimes I feel isolated from the world because of my faith, but it's reassuring to meet others who are going along the same path. :)

    ReplyDelete