Monday, January 17, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow up? (College)


"Being an audit accountant is like being a dentist.  People don't want to see you, but they know they have to." -Nate O.


I have always loved going to school.  I loved meeting new people and learning new things.  I couldn't wait to go to college to make something of myself.

When I was growing up I thought I had it all figured out on who I wanted to be.  I think I changed my mind three times.  The three professions were Veterinarian, Nurse, and Music Manager.  I did actually go to school for Music Business, but there were no jobs. So I decided to go back to school to be a Registered Nurse, but I changed my mind when I took an Accounting class.  I am now going to school for my Bachelors in Accounting so I can take the CPA test.  The career path I have chosen my not have been what I dreamed about being, but I am very good with numbers and feel this is the right choice.  I do plan on going back to school for another profession down the road.  I'm not quite sure what it will be at this point in time, but I'm thinking it will be in journalism or medical industry.

What did you want to be when you were growing up?  Did you change your mind a lot?  What did you end up choosing to go to school for?

No comments:

Post a Comment