Saturday, January 22, 2011

Old Movies

I absolutely adore old movies from the 1920s to 1960s.  I believe movies should be made that way again.  I think movies now-a-days are so violent and sex-oriented.  If you look at old movies there weren't sex scenes, instead it was kind of implied, and the violence was never overpowering.  I do love the old horror movies like Frankenstein, Dracula, etc.  My favorite genre by far is romance.



I just watched the movie "It Happened One Night" (1934).  It is one of my favorite movies. It stars Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable, and directed by Frank Capra. A spoiled heiress runs away from her family, and is helped by a man who's actually a reporter looking for a story.  A little piece of information for you; Claudette Colbert became famous for her legs after this film.  I highly recommend you see this film if you haven't
already!


I also watched a movie called "Affair To Remember" (1957), directed by Leo McCarey.  It stars Carey Grant, Deborah Kerr, and Richard Denning.  The couple falls in love on a cruise, and decides to meet six months later at the top of the Empire State Building.  It;s a very touching story that will make you tear up for sure.  This is also a most see if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment